College Students Concerned by College Costs (CSC3)
Organizational Objective: to raise awareness and educate policymakers about the costs associated with attending college. Our goal is to encourage public discussion of this issue rather than advocating for any specific policy solution.
Key Issues to Address
1) Get politicians to understand this is an important issue
2) Discuss the difficulties of paying for college particularly when parents cannot afford to pay
3) Discuss the difficulties of paying student loans back, particularly in a poor economy
4) Highlight the real costs of college: tuition, room/board, books, snacks, laundry, car to go to job, traveling home, out of state tuition
5) Catch 22 – need to go to college to succeed, but paying is difficult